Platinum Health Supply Group’s Range of Cleaning & Disinfection offers affordable and comfortable protection in all environments.
Reynard large foam swab sticks impregnated with a clear solution containing 0.5% chlorhexidine digluconate.
Alcohol-free and ideal for use on infants and neonatal.
Cloth Size: 6 x 6cm
Swabs per box: 200
Boxes per carton: 25
Surgical site infections (SSls} are a major challenge for patients and health sector resources. Effective preparation, cleansing, and disinfection using appropriate Reynard Prep Pads and swabsticks can help minimise the risk of surgical site infections and improve overalls patient outcomes.
SSI's negatively impact patients physical and mental health/wellbeing. Increased patient morbidity, mortality and loss of learnings during recovery and some of the indirect costs associated with infection.
Intangible costs may also be incurred by the patient such as pain and anxiety. In addition, patients may experience delayed wound healing and be more susceptible to secondary complications, such as bacteraemia.
Distress may also be caused to the patient and family members if the patient is absent from home and work for a prolonged period.
Accordingly, prolonged hospitalisation and increased morbidity as a result of developing an SSI, have been shown to negatively impact on patient health-related quality of life. Increase in healthcare costs per patient and additional stress on healthcare systems and staff.
1. Check allergy adverse reaction status with your patient.
2. Check that the antiseptic is compatible with the catheter material.
3. Clean and disinfect the area surrounding the insertion site thoroughly with chlorhexidine and/or alcohol using a back-and-forth scrubbing motion for 20 to 30 seconds.
4. Apply a "window frame" of skin preparation solution around the catheter site, if needed, to help the dressing stay in place (If you plan on placing a chlorhexidine-impregnated sponge dressing at the insertion site, do not apply the skin protectant to the area that the sponge will cover).
5. Use one or two pads or swab sticks dependent on the clinical procedure.
6. Allow the skin area to fully air dry for approx 30 seconds for a dry site or up to 2 minutes for a moist site, to be most effective against bacteria growth.
7. Discard of prep pads or swab sticks after a single-use, do not flush.
8. Dispose of prep pads and swab sticks in adherence with your facility Infection Control Guidelines.
Areas of use:
Still unsure if this product is right for your intended use? Get in contact with one of our Clinical Professionals via the contact us page.
General Description: Wipe Out is a disinfectant wipe for use on hard surfaces that have been pre-cleaned. Surfaces must be pre-cleaned otherwise the disinfection will...View full product details
General Description: Platinum Health Supply Groups Wipe&GO surface wipes contain a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution. These Alcohol Wipes help you to disinfect surfaces or items...View full product details