Platinum Health Supply Group’s Range of Cleaning & Disinfection offers affordable and comfortable protection in all environments.
Impregnated with 70% Alcohol and 2% Chlorhexidine, these individually sealed prep pads are ideal for topical cleansing prior to injection.
Cloth Size: 20 x 16cm
Swabs per box: 100
Boxes per carton: 10
- Available in medium and large
- Individually sealed in easy-tear sachets
- High moisture content
- Low linting
- Colour, stain and fragrance-free
- This product meets the requirements of BS EN1276:1997
Surgical site infections (SSls} are a major challenge for patients and health sector resources. Effective preparation, cleansing, and disinfection using appropriate Reynard Prep Pads and swabsticks can help minimise the risk of surgical site infections and improve overalls patient outcomes.
SSI's negatively impact patients physical and mental health/wellbeing. Increased patient morbidity, mortality and loss of learnings during recovery and some of the indirect costs associated with infection.
Intangible costs may also be incurred by the patient such as pain and anxiety. In addition, patients may experience delayed wound healing and be more susceptible to secondary complications, such as bacteraemia.
Distress may also be caused to the patient and family members if the patient is absent from home and work for a prolonged period.
Accordingly, prolonged hospitalisation and increased morbidity as a result of developing an SSI, have been shown to negatively impact on patient health-related quality of life. Increase in healthcare costs per patient and additional stress on healthcare systems and staff.
1. Check allergy adverse reaction status with your patient.
2. Check that the antiseptic is compatible with the catheter material.
3. Clean and disinfect the area surrounding the insertion site thoroughly with chlorhexidine and/or alcohol using a back-and-forth scrubbing motion for 20 to 30 seconds.
4. Apply a "window frame" of skin preparation solution around the catheter site, if needed, to help the dressing stay in place (If you plan on placing a chlorhexidine-impregnated sponge dressing at the insertion site, do not apply the skin protectant to the area that the sponge will cover).
5. Use one or two pads or swab sticks dependent on the clinical procedure.
6. Allow the skin area to fully air dry for approx 30 seconds for a dry site or up to 2 minutes for a moist site, to be most effective against bacteria growth.
7. Discard of prep pads or swab sticks after a single-use, do not flush.
8. Dispose of prep pads and swab sticks in adherence with your facility Infection Control Guidelines.
Areas of use:
- Aged Care & Palliative Care facilities
- Medical Centres & Doctors Surgeries
- Dental Practices
- Pathology Laboratories
- Tattoo Parlours & Cosmetic Surgery
All product specification and technical data sheets (SDS/MSDS) are available upon request.